Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must be graduates of a four-year university or college by the time the program begins.
- Applicants should have a Colorado connection (resident, student/graduate from a Colorado college or university, immediate family) and/or an explicit interest in serving the communities of Colorado.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong leadership capability and potential, the ability to work as a member of a team, an interest in public service or civic engagement and a desire to contribute to the well-being of the people of Colorado.
- Applicants must exhibit the highest standards of professionalism and behavior.
- Applicants must possess strong verbal and writing skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate personal initiative and determination.
- Applicants must have the ability to travel throughout the state of Colorado on official Foundation business.
- 2019 Fellowship Job Description
How to Apply
Note: Applications have closed for the Fellowship Class of 2019. Please check back this fall to apply for the Class of 2020.
Applicants must submit the following items:
- Letter of Intent (not to exceed two pages): Describe your interest in the Fellowship and in serving the communities of Colorado. In addition, please cite a specific example from your resume highlighting a lesson you have learned about leadership.
- College transcript(s)
- Two recommendations from supervisors, professors, or community leaders who can speak to your leadership skills, work ethic, and ability to work as a member of a team. Please have recommenders email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with responses to the following prompts (150 words or fewer each): 1. Please describe the candidate's leadership skills, capabilities, and experience; 2. Please comment on the candidate's receptiveness to critical feedback and ability to be coached; 3. Please describe an area for improvement for the candidate.